There are 15 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Dean Grossman".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 15
1. AUWCL Celebrates Recent Faculty Promotions at DC Alumni Reception
On April 12, Sanya Sukduang '99, partner at Finnegan, hosted Dean Grossman, AUWCL faculty, and alumni at the intellectual property law firm's Washington, DC offices. The DC alumni networking reception was held to celebrate the recent promotions and service of four of the law school's faculty.By Sam Edwards
2. AUWCL Presented with Certificate of Appreciation from the State Department
On Wednesday, Feb. 17, Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of State Tom Malinowski presented American University Washington College of Law with a certificate of appreciation “for supporting international efforts to promote the Rule of Law and Legal Education through the contribution of more than 2,500 legal textbooks to Law Students and Legal Professionals in Uzbekistan.”
3. Dean Grossman To Preside Over 56th Session of the UN Committee against Torture
Starting Nov. 9, Dean Claudio Grossman, chairperson of the United Nations Committee against Torture (UN CAT), will preside over the Committee's 56th session in Geneva, Switzerland, and serve as country rapporteur for Austria.
4. Alumni Reception to Be Held Sept. 29 at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP in New York
The Office of Development and Alumni along with Robert E. Zimet ‘74, partner at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP, will host a reception for American University Washington College of Law alumni at their New York law offices on Tuesday, Sept. 29 at 6:30pm.
5. Tenley Campus Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to Feature Justice Ginsburg
American University Washington College of Law is thrilled to announce that U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will participate in the historic ribbon cutting ceremony to officially open the law school’s new Tenley Campus, Feb. 12, 2016.
6. Dean Grossman Opens the United Nations Annual Meeting of Chairpersons of the Human Rights Treaty Bodies
Dean Claudio Grossman, in his capacity as president of the Inter-American Institute of Human Rights and the chairperson of the Committee against Torture, opened the 27th Meeting of Chairpersons of Human Rights Treaty Bodies of the United Nations (UN). Taking place in San Jose, Costa Rica, June 22-26, this is the first official meeting that the heads of human rights committees, also known as treaty bodies, hold in the Western Hemisphere.By Maria Mikey
7. Dean Grossman Hosts Alumni Dinners in Seoul and Tokyo
As part of an AUWCL delegation traveling throughout Asia, Dean Grossman hosted two alumni dinners this weekend in Seoul, Korea and Tokyo, Japan.
8. Dean Grossman to Receive Honorary Degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University
On Tuesday, May 19, American University Washington College of Law Dean Claudio Grossman will be conferred an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University at their spring commencement ceremony taking place at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
9. AUWCL Celebrates Dean Grossman's 20 Years of Service
This month AUWCL hosted a reception in honor of Claudio Grossman's 20 years of service as Dean of the law school.
10. Prospective Students and Alumni Meet with Dean Grossman in Paris
Prospective students, current dual JD students, and LL.M. alumni enjoyed dinner with Dean Claudio Grossman at Sir Winston during a reception for members of the AUWCL community living in Paris.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 15