There are 21 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Alumni".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 21
1. AUWCL Celebrates Recent Faculty Promotions at DC Alumni Reception
On April 12, Sanya Sukduang '99, partner at Finnegan, hosted Dean Grossman, AUWCL faculty, and alumni at the intellectual property law firm's Washington, DC offices. The DC alumni networking reception was held to celebrate the recent promotions and service of four of the law school's faculty.By Sam Edwards
2. Alumni Reception to Be Held Sept. 29 at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP in New York
The Office of Development and Alumni along with Robert E. Zimet ‘74, partner at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP, will host a reception for American University Washington College of Law alumni at their New York law offices on Tuesday, Sept. 29 at 6:30pm.
3. Dean Grossman Hosts Alumni Dinners in Seoul and Tokyo
As part of an AUWCL delegation traveling throughout Asia, Dean Grossman hosted two alumni dinners this weekend in Seoul, Korea and Tokyo, Japan.
4. Associate Dean Jaffe and Professor Wermiel Meet with AUWCL Graduates Teaching in Turkey
Associate Dean of Students David Jaffe and Professor Stephen Wermiel met with AUWCL alumni who are currenlty teaching law at Yeditepe University Law School in Istanbul, Turkey.
5. Photos: 19th Annual Sylvania Woods Conference
On April 9, the law school celebrated the 19th Annual Sylvania Woods Conference focusing on the status of African American in the legal profession and honoring exceptional individuals who have made great strides in the community. Check out the panel and awards dinner photos.
6. 19th Annual Sylvania Woods Conference Celebrates African Americans in Law
On Thursday, April 9, the American University Washington College of Law community celebrated the 19th Annual Sylvania Woods Conference. The conference, named after the late Judge Sylvania Woods ’60 - one of the first African Americans to graduate from the law school - celebrated African Americans in the legal profession.
7. Program on Law & Government Hosts Student and Alumni Reception on Capitol Hill
On April 14, the Program on Law & Government held a networking reception for JD and LL.M. students to speak with alumni in government, public interest organizations, and federal agencies. The event, held at the Rayburn House Office Building, welcomed over 200 students and alumni, including Rep. Stacey Plaskett ’94 and Rep. Gwen Graham ’88.
8. Maryanne Lavan ’84 Named Recipient of 2015 Women and the Law Leadership Award
Maryanne Lavan ’84, senior vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary for Lockheed Martin, was named recipient of the 2015 Women and the Law Leadership Award from American University Washington College of Law.
9. Prospective Students and Alumni Meet with Dean Grossman in Paris
Prospective students, current dual JD students, and LL.M. alumni enjoyed dinner with Dean Claudio Grossman at Sir Winston during a reception for members of the AUWCL community living in Paris.
10. Students win 2015 D.C. Cup Moot Court Competition
Students Ronny Valdes '15 and Luke Karamyalil '15 were named winners of the 2015 D.C. Cup Moot Court Competition. The team also won "Best Brief."
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 21